- Savings & Money Markets
- Credit Cards
- Investing & Insurance
- Mobile Banking
- Online Banking
- ATM Banking
- Check Cashing & Western Union Services
- Safe Deposit Boxes
Opening a Personal Health Savings Account
To open an HSA, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open a High Deductible Health Plan1 (HDHP) through your employer or an insurance agent.
Apply for a Health Savings Account. Enrolling in an HDHP will not automatically open your HSA. To apply for a NBSC HSA, you can either visit one of our branches or use the form on this website. If you choose to use the website, you will need to complete the following:
- Read and print or save the agreements and disclosures on this website.2
- Complete and submit the application form to us online using our secure server.
- Print and sign the completed application. Please note that submitting this information online does not allow us to begin the approval process. We must have your signed application to proceed.
Make a copy of your photo ID (driver's license, passport, or alien registration card) to mail with the application.
- If the address on your photo ID does not match the address on your application you will need to submit a second form of ID (major credit card, utility bill or insurance invoice/bill).
Mail the signed application, along with the copies of your identification to:
P.O. Box 1828
Columbus, GA 31902
- If we approve your application, your account will be opened within 2 business days after the application is received. A letter containing your account number and other pertinent information concerning your new HSA will be mailed after the account has been opened. You will then be able to make contributions (please see FAQs) to your account. The debit card(s) will be mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days after the account is opened.
- To access funds in your HSA, you can use your debit card or write checks. To reimburse yourself for any qualified out-of-pocket expense, you can either write yourself a check or go to any of our branches to make a withdrawal.
You can also call our toll-free customer service line at 1-877-367-4HSA.
Health Savings Account Pricing
- A Maintenance Fee of $3.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the balance in the account falls below $2,500 any day of the statement cycle.
- $1.00 per check paid
- $25.00 account closing fee if closed within 180 days of opening
- $4.00 debit card replacement fee
- FREE debit card transactions
- FREE initial 2 debit cards
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE check orders
- Normal miscellaneous checking account fees apply